Amime. Randomness. Shorts.

Welcome to my blog. Expect anything when I feel like it. I will update this all later.

Monday, October 11, 2010

YAY! POSSIBLE YANDERE ANIME!

After much thinking, I have come to the realization that School Days (the anime we all love to hate), is definitely one of my favorite anime out there. It succeeds in bringing out emotion in the viewer, whether it be sadness, happiness, or hate (for School Days, usually hate). It starts off like a typical high school harem comedy, but by the 5th or 6th episode, it goes straight to hell. By the end of the series, most people end up hating the main character and feeling mind raped. I felt that way, my girlfriend felt that way, and I'm sure others felt that way too.
The School Days anime came out in 2007 (well that doesn't really matter since I just watched the series within the past few months) and after watching it I wanted more. I dunno, I like the genre I guess. I didn't think a similar series would appear like this, but this season, we have Yosuga no Sora.



(Pictures are vlcSnaps from pwq subs. Episode 1)

I didn't really know what to expect when I decided to watch this anime. From 4chan and the seasonal chart posted, it just popped out at me. Long story short, the story follows the twins Haruka (called by Haru) and Sora in their return back to their home in the country after their parents had died in an accident leaving both of them on their own. Trying to make their own living, Haru tries his best to live a normal life and supports his weak sister who is unable to attend school or travel on her own due to her condition. In the town reside a bunch of people who apparently have the hots for Haru.
Yeah, even his sister has the hots for him, man.

Like School Days, this anime is based off of an 18+ visual novel. Unlike School Days, it does not have brutal bad endings. From just the first episode though, I'm pretty sure that Sora is going to end up killing someone for trying to be with Haru. She is quite the interesting character though, acting quite tsundere to him and having the two thoughts of making out with her brother (one being a flashback when they were children). The other characters are pretty well done showing individualistic traits while all seemingly having a thing for Haru. So far, favorite characters are Kozue Kuranaga (class rep) and Nao Yorihime, the neighbor girl. Curious to see how the 2nd episode starts with how the 1st ended. Hopefully subs are out tonight when I get home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment